- To Provide students with an environment where Islamic values based on the Quran and Sunnah are taught and practiced.
- To follow a curriculum that helps preserve our students’ Muslim values and morals.
- Help our students build solid Muslim characters based on Islamic beliefs and positive behavior.
- Teach students the social skills necessary to face the challenges Muslims face in society today and encourage students to feel proud of their identity as young Muslim Americans.
- Provide Muslim youth opportunities to develop friendships and interact with positive role models.
Have a question for the Sunday School team? Reach out to us by emailing
- Utah Islamic Center has a vibrant Sunday school with over 250 children that are taught by a dedicated team of volunteer teachers. We follow the Canyon School District school year and start in mid-August and end early June.
- UIC Sunday school is for ages 5 to 17 and children are assigned their grade in Sunday School according to their age.
- Sunday school starts at 10:30 am and ends at 1:30 pm.
We follow the Iqra International Publications curriculum.(https://www.iqrafoundation.com/)
The basic subjects that are taught are Quran recitation / Surah memorization, Seerah of the Prophet (S), Fiqh, Morals and Manners (Aqhlak), Stories of Prophets and History of Khulafa-e-Rahideen.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I volunteer for UIC Sunday School?
- You can fill volunteer form available online in UIC website