UIC Financial Assistance
Our focus is to help those who are the most vulnerable in our local community during their time of need or when going through life-changing circumstances.
Please Fill out the form below to submit the Financial assistance request.
To provide the Muslim community with burial services and a final resting place for the deceased, on time, in accordance with Quran and Sunnah and according to local and State laws, at the most affordable price
Contact the UIC Burial Committee
Please Do not CALL the Mortuary or Cemetery directly.
Step 1 – Contact UIC Burial Committee
Step 2 – Complete the Deceased Information Paperwork
Please collect the following information for the deceased and fill out the paperwork located at the link below:
- Full name of deceased
- Social Security number
- Date of birth & place of birth
- Residence Address
Step 3 – Visit UIC campus
Next of kin, relatives, or family friend should come to Utah Islamic Center in West Jordan, located at
984 W. 9000 S. West Jordan City, 84088.
Bring the paperwork filled in Step 2 AND make payment.
Step 4 – Pay Burial Service Fee
Payment must be made in person, by cash, credit card, or check payable to Utah Islamic Center for $3,200. This includes:
a) Mortuary services (transfer of body to Mortuary, use of washing facility, white color shroud, transfer of body to Crescent Cemetery, and two death certificates)
b) Burial plot, cement vault, and grave opening and closing
Step 5 – Coordinate the time with Burial Committee
Coordinate the time for the pick-up of the deceased, the time of washing (at least 3 hours before burial), and the time for the funeral prayer. These times will be coordinated with the Imam or a member of the Burial committee once the paperwork has been filled out and payment has been made
Step 6 – Ghusl (body wash)
It is highly recommended that the family members step forward to wash their deceased. If family members or friends are unavailable, UIC will try its utmost best to recruit community volunteers for the washing task.
For Ghusl (body wash), Utah Islamic Center uses Wiscombe Mortuary, located at
47 S. Orange Street Suite B – 5
Salt Lake City, UT. 84116
Step 7 – Salat-ul-Janazah (Funeral prayer)
The Funeral prayer can be held either at Crescent Cemetery or in the multipurpose hall at Utah Islamic Center. The funeral prayer is led by the Imam of Utah Islamic Center or his designee unless requested otherwise. It is encouraged, when possible, that the eldest son should lead the funeral prayer.
Step 8 – Burial
Burial takes place at Crescent Cemetery, located at
11105 S. State St.
Sandy, UT. 84070
UIC Nikah Services
Marriage in Islam is a beautiful union that completes one’s faith, and we pray we can make this union a memorable and spiritual one. Islam teaches us that marriage is an integral part of our life and that a healthy marriage leads to a healthy community.We are honored that you have chosen the Utah Islamic Center (UIC) to share this occasion with you and your loved ones
- The couple marrying needs to get a marriage license from any city in the USA.
- UIC – UTAH ISLAMIC CENTER needs a copy of the official city license for their records.
- We arrange to get Imam to perform nikah within 72 hours from the time the copy of the marriage license is submitted to us.
- We require the presence of two Muslim witnesses for the groom and a guardian (wali) for the bride.
- The ideal guardian for the bride is the father of the bride. In the absence of a father for the bride, the person performing the nikah will guide the marrying couple to arrange possible alternatives depending on their options. If the options meet the Islamic requirements, the nikah will be performed.
- With consultation and approval of the bride, the groom offers the mahr to the bride in writing to be recorded on the marriage certificate.
- The nikah details are recorded in a prescribed form. The bride, the groom, the guardian, and the witnesses sign it. A copy of that certificate is provided to the bride and to the groom. UIC keeps the copy for their records.
- The official city marriage license is then signed by the person performing the nikah. The UIC representative will mail the original license to the city for marriage registration.
Please Fill out the form below to submit the Nikah Service request.
UIC Multi-Purpose Hall
The Multipurpose Hall is used for the following UIC related activities:
- Overflow Space for prayers
- Sunday School Classes
- Kids Activities
- Youth Lounge
- Women Lounge
- Educational Workshops
- Educational Seminars
- Approved Polling Place for General Elections
Would you like some spiritual advice?
Do you have questions about Islam?
Do you need Islamic Counseling for a specific situation?
All questions will be treated with total privacy and confidentiality
Please fill out the form below to contact UIC Imam.
“There is no God but Allah, and Muhammad is his messenger.”
Appointments for Shahada*
The Arabic transliteration of the English phrase above is: “Ashhadu Alla Ilaha Illa Allah Wa Ashhadu Anna Muhammad Ar-Rasulu Allah”
This is the basic statement of the Islamic faith. Reciting this statement wholeheartedly and with sincerity in front of witnesses is all that anyone needs to do to become a Muslim. The Shahadah is the first of the Five Pillars of Islam. When a Muslim recites this, they proclaim:- That Allah is the only God and that Muhammad is his prophet- That they personally accept this as true That they will obey all the commitments of Islam in their life.
If you are ready to take the Shahada, please fill out this form, and the Imam will schedule an appropriate time for you to take the Shahada.