UIC mission is to preserve the Qur’an in the hearts of future generations and to connect, empower, and motivate the future generation of our community to rekindle, strengthen, and maintain a relationship with the Qur’an using innovative teaching techniques and practices.
Monday & wednesday: 4:00PM to 7:00PM
- Imam teaches Quran to children.
- Program tailored to each student. Nouraniya for students who need it. Simple recitation for students who want to read through as much of the Quran as possible. Memorization for students who wish to memorize the Quran.
UIC Sunday School
- To Provide students with an environment where Islamic values based on the Quran and Sunnah are taught and practiced.
- To follow a curriculum that helps preserve our students’ Muslim values and morals.
- Help our students build solid Muslim characters based on Islamic beliefs and positive behavior.
- Teach students the social skills necessary to face the challenges Muslims face in society today and encourage students to feel proud of their identity as young Muslim Americans.
- Provide Muslim youth opportunities to develop friendships and interact with positive role models.
Sundays 10:30 am to 1:30 pm
- Utah Islamic Center has a vibrant Sunday school with over 250 children that are taught by a dedicated team of volunteer teachers. We follow the Canyon School District school year and start in mid-August and end early June.
- UIC Sunday school is for ages 5 to 17 and children are assigned their grade in Sunday School according to their age.
We follow the Iqra International Publications curriculum: https://www.iqrafoundation.com
The primary subjects that are taught are Quran recitation / Surah memorization, Seerah of the Prophet (S), Fiqh, Morals and Manners (Aqhlak), Stories of Prophets, and History of Khulafa-e-Rahideen.
- To help your child excel in academic and cognitive development.
- UIC PreSchool prepares students for success in Kindergarten
- 3 half days (9 am to 12 pm)/week
- 3 full days (9 am to 3 pm)/week
- 5 half days (9 am to 12 pm)/week
- 5 full days (9 am to 3 pm)/week
- The UIC Preschool program is a weekly program for 3 and 4 years (potty-trained) children offering both general age-appropriate education and Islamic teaching.
- The UIC Preschool is in session on weekdays for the entire academic year with holidays and breaks as scheduled by the Jordan School District, in addition to major religious holidays (like Eid holidays)
Preschool Curriculum. Arabic & Islamic Curriculum