UIC Nikah Services
“And among His signs is that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that you may dwell in tranquility with them, and He put love and mercy between your hearts. Verily in that are signs for those who reflect.” ~ The Holy Qur’an 30.21
Marriage in Islam is a beautiful union that completes one’s faith, and we pray we can make this union a memorable and spiritual one. Islam teaches us that marriage is an important part of our life and that a healthy marriage leads to a healthy community.
We are honored that you have chosen the Utah Islamic Center (UIC) to share this occasion with you and your loved ones
Nikah process in UIC is outlined below
- The couple marrying needs to get a marriage license from any city in the USA.
- UIC – UTAH ISLAMIC CENTER needs a copy of the official city license for their records.
- We arrange to get Imam to perform nikah within 72 hours from the time the copy of the marriage license is submitted to us.
- We require the presence of two Muslim witnesses for the groom and a guardian (wali) for the bride.
- The ideal guardian for the bride is the father of the bride. In the absence of a father for the bride, the person performing the nikah will guide the marrying couple to arrange possible alternatives depending on their options. If the options meet the Islamic requirements, the nikah will be performed.
- With consultation and approval of the bride, the groom offers the mahr to the bride in writing to be recorded on the marriage certificate.
- The nikah details are recorded in a prescribed form. The bride, the groom, the guardian, and the witnesses sign it. A copy of that certificate is provided to the bride and to the groom. UIC keeps the copy for their records.
- The official city marriage license is then signed by the person performing the nikah. The UIC representative will mail the original license to the city for marriage registration.
Please Fill the form below to submit the Nikah Service request
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you know who is required to be present for the Nikah?
We require the presence of two Muslim witnesses for the groom and a guardian (wali) for the bride.
What Document is required to submit the Nikah service request form?
The couple marrying needs to get a marriage license from any city in the USA.