AL hum du lillah, through the dedicated efforts of many volunteers and the support / duas of all of you, Utah Islamic Center had a productive year.
Here are some highlights of 2017:
1) Events in collaboration were Hope Worldwide were hosted at UIC to explain the plight of Refugees and approximately 200 Qurans were sent to Refugee camps in Greece.
2) Two clothing drives, 1) Modest clothing for the Women of Afghanistan and 2) Winter clothing drive for Rohingya Muslims were conducted to support the ongoing efforts of Helping Hands.
3) Over 3,000 non-Muslims visited UIC at “Meet the Muslims” events in 2017. Over 1,700 Qurans were distributed at these events.
4) In cooperation with American Red Cross, a blood drive was conducted. Dozens of Muslims donated their blood to the American Red Cross for people in need.
5) Summer Camp from July 10th to Aug. 10th.
6) Free Back to school supplies and 100 backpacks were distributed to local children in need, in collaboration with ICNA. Mayor Tom Dolan was the guest of honor.
7) Arts and Crafts night (Halal-o-ween) was held at UIC, so Muslim children could have fun at the Masjid without going around in their neighborhood for trick o treating.
8) Sunday School graduation and our annual Bar-B-Q was held at Loan Peak Park in May. Over 800 burgers were consumed.
9) Our non Muslim friend were invited to UIC for breakfast, in the month of December.
10) Last but not least Two students of Imam Shuaib (Rayan and Aryan) completed the memorization of the whole Quran.
“Tilka Ashara tun Kamila”
This is apart from our regular activities:
1) 5 Daily prayers / Juma prayers / Taraweeh prayers
2) Quran Class for children Mon. thru Fri. 6 to 7 pm.
3) Tafseer Class on Friday nights
4) Tajweed Class
5) Arabic Language classes
Board of Trustees
Utah Islamic Center